Thursday, January 3, 2013

Hey 2012, its been real.

   If the Mayans were correct in their calendar, and this is the end of the world, I can say I'm leaving it with few regrets. I really had a tremendous year.
  2012 has been a fantastic year. In this year alone; I lost 50+ lbs., gained some fantastic friends, adopted a great cat named Watson, visited Ohio (which means I got to spend time with my stink Zeus), celebrated two years of marriage, survived a near-death ocean experience, and visited Texas before the year was even out. I also got my ass in gear for school, and went through a series of interviews for multiple radio stations. (Ultimately I didn't get any of the radio positions, most of which due to the fact that I was visiting Texas at the worst time. However I expect that to change once I get some schooling under my belt.)
  There was some sadness too; leaving my dog again, some close friends moving away, and probably the worst event of all: Watson dying. With the exception of my cat passing, I really cannot complain about 2012. 2013 has got some large shoes to fill.
  As for my resolutions, they are as followed:
  1) Continue on my journey to getting healthier.
       Yes, I would love to lose more weight, but I need to focus now on toning up along with general fat loss.
  2) Become a little more lady-like. (fashion wise)
      I have always been a jeans and a t-shirt kind of girl. Now that I'm getting a little older, I need to stop looking like I'm in high school. I need to develop more style. I need to become more daring with what I put on my body and stop resting on my usual.
  3) Strive to get no lower than a 'B' in all my classes.
       I'm paying for my schooling, and I need to make it worth it. Also I want to prove to myself and every teacher that I've ever had that I can in fact get great grades and that I am incredibly intelligent. I need to stop being lazy.

  Eventually I'll do a photo montage of my year, but right now I have other things to get started on. Enjoy, phantom readers.

(ps, I'm sure you can tell I started this before 12/21/12, deal with it)

No comments:

Post a Comment