Saturday, February 16, 2013

Restlessness.

  Hawaii decided to get pissed at me for disrespecting their state. The day after that post, I got into a fender-bender. I'm okay, the car is okay, the other drivers are spectacular, and best of all; my car insurance didn't go up!! Well, that's probably one of two great things, I also didn't get a ticket. Which is awesome.
  In other news, I'm getting that "I need to change shit up" itch. Normally this itch is only satisfied if I re-arrange a room or if I do something outrageous to my hair. (or both)
  I really want to renovate my guest room. By "renovate" I mean re-arrange the furniture, get rid of the bed, and turn it into a home office. I really can't "renovate" anything in base housing, at least with the normal definition, other than paint. Which I won't do. I don't know how long I'll be on island anymore and paint is like a more permanent hair-dye job. Which I dye my hair ungodly often, and a different color every time. Lawd knows what I would do to some walls if I had paint. Plus you have to get the paint approved by housing and that's a hassle I don't feel like dealing with. Oh, and you have to paint the walls back to the shitty white they are now. Matching this crap-tastic white. Not worth it.
  Anyway, in my dream guest room/home office I would replace the bed with a nice futon, add my desk and bookshelf, and keep the dresser we have in there. I need to refurbish the desk and the bookshelf though. They're both old (one belonged to Ryan's dad, the other belonged to my mom) and they've been through the ringer. However, I don't think Ryan would be so gung-ho about doing this. I'd make this my little project (since my scooter is his project), and he wouldn't have to do much other than help me move things. Also it would clear the little office space I've made myself in the dining room. However, it's his family that comes to visit us, and I don't think he'd want to lose the extra bed.
  I know this post means nothing to anyone, buuut I needed to get it out of my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment